Saturday 10 May 2008

Ticket To...Disney Village

Taking some time out from the parks, I think we should have a little look around the Disney Village.
Opening on April 12th, 1992, the Village was originally called Festival Village, and is based on the Downtown Disney area of Walt Disney World. It's the gateway to the shopping area of the Disneyland Resort Paris, with the usual Disney shops - the regular Disney Store, Disney Fashion shop and the Disney Gallery.
The area also contains several unique and delightful restaurants. One of my favourites, Annette's Diner, is the best place to eat after a long day at the parks! Based on a 'traditional' (i.e. stereotypical) American diner, the food is based on good American fayre, and the servers move around on rollerskates! Of course, there are many other places to eat at, as you can see from the map above.

So it's definitely a good idea to have a walk around here. Of course, this is also the gateway to some of the main Disneyland Resort Paris hotels. Let's head over to a couple of them!

2 comments:

Ryan P. Wilson said...

I suddenly feel my checkbook getting lighter...

Trent said...

Sorry to poke my nose in your blog but if you're making plans for Disney Village you should consider Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show. I play the title role (Buffalo Bill) and maintain The Casual Reporter, a blog that has some info on the show. Feel free to have a look: http://casualreporter.blogspot.com. If you make it to the show, shout "Rubber Chicken" to me and if I'm working (there are two of us) I'll wave. Promise.