Saturday 28 November 2009

What Do You Celebrate?

Today's Celebrate interview is with another great friend of mine. She is a newly made friend and without this blog I would never have met her. Leigh Canzoneri currently lives within driving distance of Disneyland and adores all things Disney. She is has a passionate adoration and deep respect for Disney - but let's learn a little bit more about her, and what she celebrates.

How did you become a Disney fan?
I became a Disney fan because when I went to the parks the first time I felt the freedom and acceptance of me being allowed and encouraged to "just be" who I am. No expectations, no demands, no pretenses.

What is your favourite Disney Theme Park?
THUS FAR, from where I've been.... EPCOT. its between Epcot and [Disney]Land really... But none of the other parks compare to such a potentially challenging question. Because the characters are random and rare [at Epcot]. The rides are fun, thrilling, and in variety, the world show case never gets dull walking and eating, the fireworks are in a great setting.... the countries to visit in the show case are ALWAYS fun, the shopping has uniqueness to it, in MY opinion anyway

Which is your favourite attraction - past or present - and why?
Peter Pan
Who doesn't want to feel like they can fly... The story never gets old, the characters never get old: a flying pirate ship you get the feel of both worlds fantasy and adventure. The setting is beautiful both before and after they fly to Neverland. The mermaids I can do without but whatever... they keep pan happy! It's got everything... pirates, fun, flight, fantasy, thrill, story, Indians, a crocodile.

Is there one show or parade, which you feels best embodies the spirit of Disney?
It's the parade at magic kingdom - Share a Dream Come True Parade. It has EVERYBODY and EVERY STORY it feels like. It doesn't ask for participation it doesn't have modern music, its a story within itself, telling you the story of why you came to the parks. From the old to the new. Many of the parades adjust to the new and then get rid of the classic. This one doesn't it feels (whether or not it does) like it ADDS the new, the modern, not "replaces" it and it still has the foundation of STORY.

What is your Disney "guilty pleasure"?
Windows- I like taking pics of windows, looking at what they have IN the window, Whose name is ON the window. The worst thing however is that it is in fact the TOUGHEST thing to take pics of: GLARE, SUN, SHADOW, so I mostly just look.

How do you bring your love of Disney into your daily life?
I surround myself in the story telling atmosphere by purchasing much un-needed merchandise. I take pics and use them as wallpaper and screen savers on my computer.
I look within my home and think of what I need, as often as I can in the functional sense, and then I purchase, but with D in mind. So.. If I need a toaster... Disney toaster, if I need a pencil holder... Disney pencil holder. If I can't find Disney or its too costly than I get it in a colorful form that will enhance whatever Disney is already near by. Like a Car's themed office, colors are based off of what colors are used in "cars"; a nemo bathroom; a Remy kitchen, so I would say I bring the functional magic home.

No comments: