Friday 11 December 2009

What Do You Celebrate?

Today's DF'82 celebrate interview is with a celebrity of sorts! Chuck Canzoneri is a huge Disney fan, with a love for all areas of the company's operations. He has also co-hosted several All About the Mouse Podcasts, so you may recognise him! He resides in California, and is lucky enough to travel to Anaheim on a regular basis.

How did you become a Disney fan?
I lived in Florida as a child, just 90min from WDW. My family would plan trips and not tell me about them. So we'd be woken up super early in the morning, put in the car where I would fall back asleep. And when I woke up again I was at the Magic Kingdom. (How cool is that surprise.) There's a lot of factors that go into making a Disney Fan: the films, the shows, the toys and games. But I'd say all of that was the gunpowder and the surprise trips are what lit the fuse.

What is your favourite Disney Theme Park?
Epcot. Always loved the Future World Half and as I grew up, I became more excited to visit World Showcase. The delicious food is what makes this a no-brainer.

Which is your favourite attraction - past or present - and why?
That changes every year/month/day/hour. It's been Tower of Terror, Thunder Mountain, Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular. Right now I'm really big on Billy Hill and the Hillbillies. And while I deeply miss the original Journey into Imagination, I keep finding my way back to Pirates of the Caribbean (Disneyland Version). The level of detail is beyond belief and I'm impressed by how this slow moving boat ride with very few thrills remains a "must do". It must be the atmosphere which completely transports you away from reality.

Is there one show or parade, which you feels best embodies the spirit of Disney?
Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams. It even contains "To all who come to this happy place... welcome". It features the classic Disney films, past and present and was the perfect mixture of characters and dancers. It didn't need a special angle like Stars n Motor Cars or Jammin Jungle Parade. Disney itself was the hook.

What is your Disney "guilty pleasure"?
Figment, and I'm not guilty about it at all. I love Figment. It's the only character I've met where I was meeting HIM. It's the one who makes me smile whenever I see him.

How do you bring your love of Disney into your daily life?
You'll find your answer here...

No comments: