Saturday 29 March 2008

More Looking Above Main Street...

Continuing on from yesterday's post, I have a couple more windows from Main Street USA to share with you all. These ones, however, are a little more tricky to find out who they are dedicated to. As I am a lifelong Disney fan, but a relatively new Disney Geek, I will share the windows and give an opinion on who I think they relate to... This first window is found on a side street off Main Street USA, beside one of the entrances to the Liberty Arcade. This one reads "Evans Markhams: Advertising. Products Tested". I did a bit of a search around the internet and looking through the few Disneyland Paris books I have, and I could not find who this window is dedicated for. This is a guess, but the only thing I could find that related Evans and Markham is from The Adventures of Spin and Marty, a TV series that was shown on The Mickey Mouse club back in the 1950s. All 25 shows lasted 10 minutes each, and starred David Stollery and Tim Constandine, who played Marty Markham and Spin Evans respectively.This second window shows "M Jones Electronics. Edison Talking Machines". I really cannot find anything or anyone that relates to this window, but I'm guessing it could be someone that worked within the electrical side of the company...

Although this entry doesn't educate much, it shows a small corner of Parc Disneyland that I love - it also contains the Dapper Dans' Barber Shop, named after the infamous Dapper Dans barbershop quartet. This little area is a great place to escape, to get away from the busy crowds of Main Street. There are some chairs and tables, making it a nice and relaxing area - especially if you grab a coffee and pastry from the Market House Deli. Mmm...the thought takes me away...

No comments: