Friday 14 March 2008

Best of Both Worlds?


I'm just back from seeing Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert - 3D. I have to admit, I am a bit of a Hannah Montana fan. Whilst definitely not being in the target age-bracket, I watched a couple of episodes at one point and found myself hooked.

Anyway, I saw that this had been released in the USA and I was hoping that it would eventually come over here - if nothing else, I wanted to see the 3D effects. About 2 weeks ago, I saw that one of our local cinemas were going to be showing it from today, March 14th. So, I persuaded my parents to come with me (none of my friends live nearby), saying I would take them out for dinner first and then they could sit through the film.

So, we headed over to the cinema complex, had a nice dinner in Chiquita (I looooove their Buffalo Wings and garlic bread!), and headed up to the cinema. Needless to say, we were the only family there that didn't have a child under 13. But I didn't care - I was ready for a fun time!

And a fun time I had! The film was great - slipping in some backstage snippets and tour rehearsal footage inbetween the concert itself. The 3D effects were a lot of fun, and made me feel like I was really there - especially at points when the hands were in the air and I wanted to move in my seat to see past them (silly considering they were on the movie screen!). They showed the majority of her popular songs, with a couple thrown in there by the Jonas Brothers, who are not known here...yet.

Of course, the film won't appeal to everyone, and there will be a lot of people that won't even consider seeing it. I certainly enjoyed myself and it did what I thought it would do - make me forget about the realities of every day life for a few hours. It also makes me look forward to whatever will come from Disney Digital 3D next! The two little girls that were dancing all through the concert a few rows down from me, however, won't care about any of that - they were clearly just happy to have a Hannah Montana experience here in Glasgow.

No comments: