Friday 23 October 2009

What Do You Celebrate?






Since I started DF'82, I have been very lucky to meet and/or become friends with some fantastic people throughout the Disney Community. And as I get to know these people and their love for all things Disney, I thought it would be a good idea to introduce you to some of these people too!

From time to time, here at DF'82, we will get to know these Disney Fans a little bit better. I don't know about you, but I love to hear why people love the Disney parks!

Our first interviewee this week is the lovely Ryan from the Main Street Gazette. I have no doubt that you'll have visited his blog, as it is one of the most informative (and regular!) of all the blogs out there. Welcome to DF'82, Ryan!

How did you become a Disney fan?
I was born in central Florida and my first trip to Walt Disney World was when I was two months old, with that kind of a start, is it any wonder that I ended up having this passion for Disney? My father was the driving force behind my love for the theme parks, while my mom was the enthusiast for Disney animated features. So, in the end, Disney has always been a family affair, and I am my parents’ child.

What is your favourite Disney Theme Park? (This can be in any of the Resorts worldwide)
Having only ventured into the parks found in the United States my knowledge of parks worldwide is limited, although there are plenty of fantastic parks that I will find my way to in the coming years. Of the parks I have visited, I must stick with the first Florida park. Disney’s Animal Kingdom, for sheer intrigue and voluminous storytelling, is making up ground, but the Magic Kingdom has so many memories, so many stories, and so many wonderful attractions, that it is still the first place I think of when I think of a Disney park.

Which is your favourite attraction - past or present - and why?
Hands down, I love Big Thunder Mountain Railroad in the Magic Kingdom more than any other attraction. It may not have the best queue or the easiest storyline to grasp from the attraction alone, but for visuals, both of and from the ride, and thrills there are no words more exciting than, “Hang on to them hats and glasses!”

Is there one show or parade, which you feels best embodies the spirit of Disney?
IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth may be my favorite spectacular at Walt Disney World, but I cannot help but wipe a tear from my eye whenever I watch Wishes! It is the quintessential Disney experience. With fireworks, the characters who tug on your heartstrings, and just a bit of the fear a proper villain can bring, it is truly a magical experience.

What is your Disney "guilty pleasure"? (for example, here at DF'82 we love floors!)
I must admit, I have taken my share of photographs of floors, walkways, benches, and lampposts, but my favorite guilty pleasure is the restrooms. From the signs on the doors to the lighting fixtures, tile patterns, and other furnishings, the restrooms of Walt Disney World are a never ending supply of entertainment.

How do you bring your love of Disney into your daily life?
Aside from the Main Street Gazette, I tend to read books on Disney history and design, listen to Disney podcasts and theme park audio, especially ambient loops when I am writing, and try to wear a shirt with some type of Disney design once in a while.

1 comment:

Ryan P. Wilson said...

Thanks for the opportunity Princess! It was an honor!