Friday 8 May 2009

What's DF'82 Reading?

I don't give, or plan on giving, any book reviews - I am no Imaginerding! - but I thought I would share with you some of the recent Disney related books I have, or have been reading. There have been some fantastic books released recently - and there's even more I would like. But here's some I have, or would recommend.

Realityland: True-Life Adventures at Walt Disney World
I got this book a few months ago, but didn't have the chance to get into it. So, I took it into work with me (yes, even in these trying times Royalty have to work!) and finished it as soon as I started it. It's a fabulous book, and even more interesting for me as an ex-cast member! But for any fans of Walt Disney World, and want to know more information, this book is definitely a must read.
Disneyland Resort Paris - AA Essential Guides
I am lucky enough to be going to Disneyland Resort Paris next month and bought this book to help me prepare. There aren't very many Paris-based books, and this is the 2009 edition, so it's the most up-to-date book I could get!
The Imagineering Field Guide to Disneyland
As part of my aim to get the Coast-to-Coast medal by participating on different half-marathons on either American coast, I will be visiting Disneyland in September. So I thought I would get a book that will help me appreciate it even more! This book will be fantastic, as I love all the other Field Guide titles. I cannot wait for Disney's Hollywood Studios Field Guide to come out, especially after listening to Lou's WDW Radio Show Podcast this week.

The Haunted Mansion: From The Magic Kingdom to the Movies
This has been on my 'Wish List' forever, but I noticed Amazon had stopped selling it here in the UK. So I rushed to the marketplace and managed to grab a copy. The only reason I had put off buying it for so long was because I wasn't as impressed with the film as I thought I would have been. But after this book, I think I will give the film another try!
Disney On Broadway
Lovely Disney Dave gave me this book recently, and it looks like it will be a really interesting read. I love Disney Musicals - and I cannot wait to get the Little Mermaid on Broadway book - so this one will no doubt really interest me.
The Alchemy of Animation
I have had this book since it was out, but haven't had a chance to sit down and read it. I cannot wait to, though, because the book looks truly beautiful (and I have heard so many good things about it).

2 comments:

Greg said...

I have a few of these, though I need to order Realityland. I also saw that the Imagineering Field Guide to Disney Hollywood Studios is now available. Sounds like a trip to Amazon.com this weekend.

Unknown said...

hmmm...

I don't have the DLRP or Broadway books.

But I do have the NEW Art of Walt Disney World and it is stellar!!!