Thursday 26 March 2009

Trip Report... Part Two





Day 4 - Sunday 8th March
Today was the day - the day of the Princess Half Marathon! I have written about the race itself on my personal blog, so if you would like to read about that please go here.


After the race I headed back to the hotel, where the Queen and I had some RnR at the pool, before getting changed, having lunch, and then heading over to Disney's Hollywood Studios for the Happily Ever Party that we had booked to go to.

The evening was very pleasant. We had booked a dinner at the Prime Time Cafe, where the Queen had never eaten. We had a brilliant waitress, Aunt Janice, and if you have never eaten there before you haven't lived! It was great fun and the waitresses are fantastic - really getting into the swing of things! The other families that were in the room with us also played along and created a great atmosphere. Plus I had a celebratory cocktail with glowing ice cube, so I was very happy!

We were very tired from being up so early, but we managed to watch the final American Idol Experience (which was a brilliant show - much better than I had ever thought it would be!), and then head over to Toy Story Midway Mania. I also went on Rock n' Rollercoaster a few times, and the Hollywood Tower of Terror - which is always better at night!

We managed to last until about 10pm, before calling it a night and heading back to CBR to catch some much needed sleep!

Day 5 - Monday 9th March
Today was a day away from the parks, as we had rented a lovely convertible to take us around the Orlando area and get us to some shops! Well, American shopping is very different to Scottish shopping! In the evening, however, we went to Downtown Disney, of course. I can't stay away from Disney too long!

No comments: