Saturday 16 October 2010

Minnie and Roy

One of my favourite parts of the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World is the beautiful statue of Roy O. Disney and Minnie Mouse.

So, I was pleasantly surprised when I visited Tokyo Disneyland and found the same statue situated at the front of World Bazaar. Given as a gift to the Tokyo Disney Resort, this is a lovely tribute to Roy on the other side of the planet!

And as you can see, there is another lovely plaque (if you read DF'82 regularly, you will know I love my plaques almost as much as my windows!), let's take the time to read it:

With this gift to our friends at Tokyo Disney Resort.

The Cast of The Walt Disney Company honours your 25 wonderous years of sharing the magic with all who come to this happy place.

April 15 2008


Roy O. Disney

Joining his keen business sense with the creative genius of his brother, Roy O. Disney helped cofound the Walt Disney Company in 1923. Together, Walt and Roy created new forms of family entertainment that included groundbreaking animated films and the landmark Disney Parks around the world.

No comments: