Friday 21 August 2009

Everything's Real In Hollywood - Right?

Today's view on the Streets of Hollywood Boulevard in the Walt Disney Studios, Paris, focuses on the facades of the buildings surrounding the Tower of Terror. In order to stay as authentic as possible, Disney Imagineers have successfully created these 'shop fronts' to make you feel like you are in 1920s Hollywood. Of course, that is all they are - fronts. Behind them is nothing but more areas of the Disney Studios.


HB Tower View

But the sheer detail that goes into these buildings is very impressive, in my book. Take a look, for example, at this towering arch-way and the detail that has been carved into it.

HB Facade3

And as for the shops, well, who can resist a souvenir and department store? I know I can't! That's why the Imagineers made sure to get a Franklin Department Store moved into Hollywood Boulevard! I might try and go there next time to get some giveaways for DF'82!

HB Facade1

But in the meantime, I think I'll head over here to the Deluxe Talent Agency - I could probably get myself an agent before I head over to the American Idol Experience in Walt Disney World! Oh wait, did they have American Idol in the 1920s? I know Simon Cowell was around then, but...


HB Facade2

Join us tomorrow when we have a look at some more details of the Talent Agency building!

No comments: