Thursday 30 October 2008

More Around Boot Hill

Carrying on with our brief Halloween look at the Boot Hill Cemetery at Phantom Manor, we are introduced to several new tombstones...


One of my favourite sets of tombstones ever (?!), these introduce us to the infamous humour of the Imagineers. Can you get the running joke amongst these graves?

These ones tie in nicely to the Frontierland setting of the Manor:

HERE LIES LEADFOOT FRED
"DANCED TOO SLOW
AND NOW HE'S DEAD"
1802 -1866
Complete with his Cowboy Boots.
BARROOM BENNY
"SEEMS HE TOOK
ONE DRINK TOO MANY"
Buried with a very apt item - some bar-room doors.

Our final graves for this trip show Mary Murphy and Frank Ballard. Now, with every Haunted Mansion there are hundreds of stories attached to the attraction, but only the Imagineers know the real answers. I have heard that Mary Murphy Ravenswood is actually the daughter of Henry and Martha, not Melanie as in my previous post.


I may need a research trip to figure this out more, but I personally think Melanie is Henry's daughter, and that the sole unmarked grave on Boot Hill could be her resting place. But as I said, that's a story for another time.

No comments: