Monday 23 November 2009

Monday Memories: Starting the Journey to a Dream

Today's Monday Memory is one very specific to me and my dream to work in Walt Disney World. The first item I am going to share with you all is the 'decision card' that I received after I had had my interview with the recruitment consultants for the Walt Disney Company.

For those of you unsure of the process, when I applied in July 2003, there was a round of interviews in November in Glasgow, Scotland (where I live). I previously had a telephone interview, which I passed, then there was an information session and a private interview. At the Interview Day we handed in a card, which would be returned to us with either 'Under Consideration' or 'We Are Sorry'. This was the card I received in the post:
And a short while later, the week before Christmas 2003, I found out I had been accepted and would start my role as a Cast Member in September 2004!

And this next piece of memorabilia is what I received when I started working as a Cast Member.

We wore this throughout our week or-so of training, attached to the bottom of our nametag, to help show that we were new Cast Members! And I will treasure this forever. This meant I was making my dream come true.

No comments: