Monday 17 August 2009

Monday Memories... Magic Kingdom Club

While my father, the King, was doing some cleaning out, we came across some 'blasts from the Disney past' - his membership to the Magic Kingdom Club and the Disney Club. I had forgotten completely about these, but I guess it was like a D23 for the 90's.
Yesterland.com has a fantastic article detailing the origins of the Magic Kingdom Club - you can visit it here (it really is very interesting!).

The King also found this baggage tag he received as a member of the Club! I wonder if we will find any more of these kind of memories... Of course, I will share any I find with yourselves! As someone has yet to become a member of D23 (international postage and packaging is the downside), these membership cards bring back some fond memories!




We were also a member of The Disney Club - which I presume came along after the Magic Kingdom Club - another benefits programme. I found a press-release from the time the Walt Disney Company introduced this club:
Members will be connected to the latest Disney offers, savings and benefits through an exclusive member Web site at www.disneyclub.com, as well as a toll-free member services center. The offers will constantly be updated based on the latest new products from throughout Disney.
The member services center will be staffed with specially trained personnel who understand members' needs in order to provide more relevant offers and services to them. Members also will be notified of special Club offers through monthly mailings.
I can't seem to find out how long this club lasted for, but it probably wasn't very long!

No comments: