Tuesday 23 October 2007

The Rat Pack


It took several months before Ratatouille was released over here in Blighty - and it's entered with a bang! According to the BBC website, it is currently number one in the film chart, taking around £3million over the weekend - that's a lot of dough (excuse the pun!).

I haven't had a chance to see it here yet, due to my having to stay indoors and get better, but I was lucky enough to see it when I was over in the States in June - and I loved it. I thought it was such a touching film - with heart-warming characters, and a story that is totally unbelievable yet believable at the same time. It really has the ingredients of a long-time family classic. I thought it was far too long a period for Disney to hold off releasing their big summer movie (we usually aren't that far behind the States), but I guess it paid off for them. Why release it when Harry Potter is doing so well - they were right to wait until the October holidays to release it, when there are little or no child friendly flicks around.

And so, the fact that it's starting to do well over here is great - the worldwide gross for the film is almost at $500 million - that's a LOT of money!! For a film that hasn't quite had the press that previous films, such as 'Cars', has had, I am keeping my fingers crossed it does even better here over the next couple of weeks. Actually, with the strong storyline and the adorable-ness of Remy, I think it's safe to say that I won't need to keep those fingers crossed for too long...

No comments: